5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2017 9:40 AM by Donna.Oxley

Adobe ACE exams

chanaart Adobe Community Professional

Adobe retired the recertification exam.

Some of us need to be up to date with the exams since we teach at Adobe certified places.

They just announced the new exams which will be in August and I think that the "OLDER" certified community like us that have so much experience should fight together to bring back the Recertification exam.  I teach the ACA classes in USC, I give advise to students about the ACE exams and feel that it is not fair to ask us to do the entire exam again every two years.

1. In the past as an ACP we got a code from Adobe for free exams...but as everything else it went away now we get 50% off...

2. In the past Adobe certified people created the test now it is part of Pearson and actually it is a money making venture...

3. they said that the recertification was on line so was not fair, they can bring it back not on line.

Why experts like us need to do the entire test? we are the one that answers the questions...

They asking us with our experience to do the same test that a new person doing?

I think we need to do something. I have been communicating with Debra Prewitt from Adobe. She is trying to help but I think she needs help from the community.

Can we do something?

I know that I am not going to do the full blown test....not part of my plan....let create some noise!

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 08.58.01.png

• 1. Re: Adobe ACE exams
          melissapiccone Adobe Community Professional

I am not going to take them. My ACI status means absolutely nothing. It doesn't get me more students or classes, Adobe Certified Training centers don't honor it - they use uncertified instructors over the certified ones because they are cheaper. It's a complete waste of time and money for me. The ACI program is the dog Adobe kicks... I have students asking about certification all the time, I discourage it unless they know for sure will benefit them. If it went back to the way is was before, I would consider it, just because it would be a simple quick thing from home. But to make me go out and sit a whole new test? No thanks. I beta tested the last Dreamweaver test, there were a bunch of questions that were just plain wrong, not to mention stuff that wasn't even in the program anymore. I took it in Aug. 2012. I had until Oct. 31 that year to renew. They told me, Oct. 31 that I passed... I feel like Adobe is trying to get rid of ACI's - my experience in the past 8+ yrs has not been positive.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe ACE exams
            JaysonM-Y Level 3

This lounge has some strong sentiments.
            Whelp, there goes my interest in becoming certified. Was literally gonna do it in two months.

• 3. Re: Adobe ACE exams
              melissapiccone Adobe Community Professional

Sorry to rain on your parade! But at least you have one opinion, for what it's worth...

• 4. Re: Adobe ACE exams
                Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not worth the paper the certificate is on.

Ever since I was told I was 'over qualified' to beta test the Dreamweaver Exam on the grounds that my knowledge was above the 'Average User'. So for me it is no more than an 'Adobe Average User Certification'.

2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Adobe ACE exams
                  Donna.Oxley Level 1

I so agree with you wholeheartedly. Being Adobe Certified is a complete waste of time and money and of no benefit whatsoever in the UK. It is NOT an industry recognised qualification over here and will not get you any more work at a higher rate because you have to compete with non certified trainers because they are cheaper.

I have been using and teaching Adobe products since the early 90s and I am sure I speak for a a lot of us older trainers that we find it a complete insult to be expected to take these exams and have to pay for them AND we have to pay for the software also.

ADOBE - IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KEEP GOOD PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF EXPERIENCE IN PROMOTING AND WORKING WITH YOUR PRODUCTS INTERESTED IN STAYING AS ACI'S THEN MAKE IT WORTH OUR WHILE. GIVE US OEM SOFTWARE LICENSES LIKE YOU GIVE THIRD PARTY DEALERS.

Come on people - let's campaign for this - we deserve it after all these years!