5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2016 7:06 AM by Rick Gerard

While Exporting Via AME it crashes at the same spot everytime.

Noofler

When I use AME to try to export me video it crashes at the same spot everytime, "adobe after effects CC 2015.3 has stopped working". I've tried it multiple times and it crashes at the same time. I'm exporting in the  h.264 codec.

PC SPECS:

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3.10 GHz

8.00 GB of RAM

64- bit windows 7

• 1. Re: While Exporting Via AME it crashes at the same spot everytime.
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try rendering that file out as an intermediate file with AE's render queue. Does that crash? If not, use the intermediate file in AME to make your H.264 and you should be good. If it crashes, we'll know what else to look for.

• 2. Re: While Exporting Via AME it crashes at the same spot everytime.
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

And double-check what's happening in the comp at the point where things go south.  I could be a corrupted file.

• 3. Re: While Exporting Via AME it crashes at the same spot everytime.
              Noofler Level 1

I'm not sure what you mean by Intermediate file, I'm pretty new to exporting in ae.Szalam

• 4. Re: While Exporting Via AME it crashes at the same spot everytime.
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

An intermediate file is a video encoding with a production codec. Something with little or no compression. It's what we used to have to use before you could just send a file to After Effects. It's what we still have to do for many other workflows. Good choices for intermediate files would be Cineform, DNxHD, QuickTime with the PNG codec, or QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec.

• 5. Re: While Exporting Via AME it crashes at the same spot everytime.
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first thing you want to do when you get a crash at a specific time is to set the work area for your comp to a few frames before and a few frames after the crash so that it is only about 2 or 3 seconds in duration, then add the composition to the Render Cue, check the Render Settings to make sure that you are only rendering the work area and use the Default Output Module Lossless setting for your video. Run a test render. If you get a crash then proceeds to step 2.

Step 2: Go back to your composition, move the CTI to that spot, select all or select no layers and press the u key twice to see all modified properties of all layers and then look for what has changed or what recently changed. For example, you may have added an effect or set a keyframe for an effect or started a new layer. Start turning things off and try rendering again.

You'll also want to look at the render logs and any crash reports that you can find.

If you get a successful render in step 1, then try rendering the entire comp using the default Lossless format from the Output Module. If you are getting a crash again then you are probably running out of resources. Hold down the shift key when you open Preferences>General to reveal the Secret tab, open the Secret Tab and set AE to Purge every few frames. 10 is a good place to start.

If none of that helps then we need to know system, os, and AE version down to the last decimal point and see or have you describe your workflow in detail. A screenshot (print screen and paste or drag from your desktop to the reply field on this forum) with all modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed.