13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 3:15 AM by Bernd Alheit

highlighting in scanned document - worked, then didn't

ken thu huongc86137616

Hi, folks,

(First time on any forum… :-)

I have a large scanned document, a Latin dictionary, 400Mb.

I have tried OCR'ing it, but the results are not satisfactory.

So of course text highlighting is not available.  To this point I had substituted yellow-framed links pointing to the link itself – it works, but not elegant.

Earlier today, I discovered – to my delight – that the highlight tool gave me true highlighting – as with a highlighter pen – the original brand was HiLiter, I think, maybe?

So I started using that – deleted a few of my yellow-framed links, changed them to HiLiter highlighting.

In that process, more than once as I was dragging the highlighting cursor – a small circle with an arrow pointing into it – each time the highlighting just stopped at some point, and Acrobat had become unusable, unclose-able, etc – it had effectively hung or died.

Then, on one of those occasions, I rebooted Windows (W7).  When I came back in and started to do the highlighting again, I discovered – to my dismay, this time – that now the highlighting tool referred to highlighting text, and if I tried to use it, Acrobat would want to OCR the page.

WHAT HAPPENED?

WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THE HiLiter HIGHLIGHTING BACK?

I haven't done anything – not intentionally, at least – to either get that effect, or to lose it – seems that both have just happened.

Help!  Please?  Thanks!