7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 11:38 AM by Small Town Gal

Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel

Arnstad Level 1

I'm making an interactive PDF where I have made text anchors to the various headings throughout the document. But when I try to create my shortcuts by plasing a hyperlink to them, the "text anchor" field is empty.

Skjermbilde 2016-07-13 kl. 12.51.47.pngSkjermbilde 2016-07-13 kl. 12.53.02.png

Any obvious mistakes?

• 1. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
          Salah Fadlabi Level 5

Make sure to create text anchor from Hyperlink panel>new hyperlink destination>type: text anchor

• 2. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
            jenniferb74628705 Level 1

Update: never mind - I found the New Hyperlink Destination option in the Hyperlink panel. All good!

Hi - I am having the same issue... sorry, but I don't understand the correct answer. I do not see a "Type" option. Only a "Link To" option. The Bookmark/Text Anchor that I created earlier does not show up in the Destination > Text Anchor drop-down list. Here are my screenshots:

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
              madalaine42 Level 1

I am having the same issue. Whether I create the text anchor as a bookmark/text anchor or from the hyperlinks menu, my text anchor always has [none] listed and won't recognize the text anchors I've created. Did you ever figure out how to get it to work. As it is, all I can do is link to the page, which is very annoying.

• 4. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
                Mary Barkworth Level 1

I am with Madalaine42: "Whether I create the text anchor as a bookmark/text anchor or from the hyperlinks menu, my text anchor always has [none] listed and won't recognize the text anchors I've created". Please someone, a method of making a phrase a hyperlink destination (?create a text anchor) that does not require writing a script.

• 5. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
                  madalaine42 Level 1

You have to go into the Hyperlinks panel by clicking Window>Interactive>Hyperlinks.

Highlight the text you want to make as a text anchor and click the links in the hyperlink panel at the top right of the pane (they look like a page).

Choose New Hyperlink Destination.

A window appears where you can choose text anchor and then your highlighted text should appear in the Name box.

Once you do that, then you can go to where ever you want to insert a hyperlink to that text anchor and complete those steps:

Hyperlink panel>Create new hyperlink (paper at bottom of panel).

Choose text anchor in the Link to field and choose the name from the Text Anchor drop down box.

Click OK.

Hope this helps!

• 6. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
                    mccoole-creative Level 1

Although marked answered, I don't think the answer fixes the crux of problem: once a text anchor is created - you do not see that text anchor in the hyperlinks panel until something is linked to it.

Currently the only way to see where these text anchors are placed is by turning on Type > Show Hidden characters where it is then showed as a ":" in blue next to the text line you selected as a text anchor.  I have submitted a feature request to Adobe to show text anchors in the hyperlink panel and to maybe show it as an obvious non-printing icon too.

• 7. Re: Text anchors does not appear in the "New Hyperlink" panel
                      Small Town Gal Level 1

Dear All,

I have struggled with the same problem and the solution is so simple that I could tear my hair out.  You must have the hyperlinks window open, but then click on the menu selection list at the top right of that window and another drop down menu opens that shows the "create new destination hyperlink" -- that immediately sets things up -- choose a source and a destination, and the light goes green and the hyperlinks then appear in the list.  I hope this helps.  It's been a few months since I did this in the last Ebook, and I basically remembered how to do it, just couldn't find the "create new destination hyperlink" to get the job done!