1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 5:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

WebServices and Cross Domain problems

KasperRJ
      Hi.
      I have a webservice that runs on a different machine IP adr. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000 (or something).

When I am building my flex app requesting a wsdl file on that machine, it works with no problems at all.

But when I export the app to a release, and try to run the app, at the SAME machine, but from a different folder, it breaks, with the error:
      [RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url" faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Unable to load WSDL. If currently online, please verify the URI and/or format of the WSDL

This error is related to crossdomain problems as far as I have been able to google.
      But howcome it works from my development sandbox, in my Flex builder environment, but not from another location at the exact same machine ?
      In this case, it shouldnt be needed to add a crossdomain file to the webservice, since it is the exact same client requesting the service, or what?

Also I don't understand why it is needed for Flash apps to have a crossdomain file on the webservice, but not for other clients build in Java, or any other technology ?
      If someone could please explain this, I guess it would help me understand the logic behind.

Thx.

Kind regards
        • 1. Re: WebServices and Cross Domain problems
          Level 7

"KasperRJ" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gpo2fq$mof$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi.
          > I have a webservice that runs on a different machine IP adr.
          > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000 (or something).
          >
          > When I am building my flex app requesting a wsdl file on that machine, it
          > works with no problems at all.
          >
          > But when I export the app to a release, and try to run the app, at the
          > SAME
          > machine, but from a different folder, it breaks, with the error:
          > [RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url"
          > faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Unable to load WSDL. If
          > currently online, please verify the URI and/or format of the WSDL
          >
          > This error is related to crossdomain problems as far as I have been able
          > to
          > google.
          > But howcome it works from my development sandbox, in my Flex builder
          > environment, but not from another location at the exact same machine ?
          > In this case, it shouldnt be needed to add a crossdomain file to the
          > webservice, since it is the exact same client requesting the service, or
          > what?

When you set up a work space, Flex Builder does some things to trust that
          folder for you to make development easier.

> Also I don't understand why it is needed for Flash apps to have a
          > crossdomain
          > file on the webservice, but not for other clients build in Java, or any
          > other
          > technology ?

Because Flex and Flash are conceptually just enhancements of the browser
          itself, so Adobe decided to restrict them in the same way that, say,
          javascript in the browser is restricted.