• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Shorten Slide Time to Match Objects

Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a similar post from way back that had no solution.

I cannot drag and shorten the slide end to match the end of objects (each having the same length). There remains a little gap between the object ends and the slide end. Shortening the timeline in some cases moves an object back on the timeline to preserve the gap.

2016-07-13_9-19-07.png

Yes, I can CTRL-E the objects to extend to the end but that is extra work. This did not use to happen in Captivate. It now happens with all projects and after a couple upgrades. Not sure when it started - 7? I'm just tired of it.

This feels like a bug and I will report it as such if no one can offer a solution or a reason why this makes some kind of sense.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to set the objects 'Rest of Slide', you can use CTRL-E after selection on the timeline? Normally you should be able to change the slide duration in that case. I'm not sure what is wrong, if you show the whole timeline stack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

All layers are shown in the timeline image.

Yes, I can select object and CTRL-E but that is an extra step that did not use to be required. I think it's a bug.

It does not occur with all objects 100% of the time; on occasion the slide end can be shortened to match the end of the objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use Captivate all day long, and this happened only perhaps twice that I did see this happening. Maybe it is a bug, to me it is always the sign that I should clear the Cache, leave Captivate and even restart the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've run into this issue repeatedly when I author under Windows, usually when copying and pasting objects..

I've just gotten in the habit of changing the timing manually, and setting it back to rest of slide.

Timing Panel - Display for dropdown 2016-09-30_7-18-21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources