1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 16, 2009 12:02 PM by pixlor

Unable to write Vietnamese font

winn5
      I am trying to write this "Đệ nhất phu nhân Mỹ lên truyện tranh", but instead "?? nh?t phu nh,n M? lln truy?n tranh" comes up while trying to add texts in Fireworks. Any idea of how to correct this and make Fireworks accept these types of font?
        • 1. Re: Unable to write Vietnamese font
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: winn5
          I am trying to write this "Đệ nhất phu nhân Mỹ lên truyện tranh", but instead "?? nh?t phu nh,n M? lln truy?n tranh" comes up while trying to add texts in Fireworks. Any idea of how to correct this and make Fireworks accept these types of font?

It isn't a Fireworks problem, it's a font problem. You need a font that has the Vietnamese characters. Fireworks can't display a character outline if it isn't in the font file.

I have FW CS3 on Vista. If I copy your text and then scroll through different fonts on my system, I find that only a few of mine have Vietnamese characters. In my system fonts these do: Arial, Courier New, Microsoft San Serif, Palatino Linotype, Segoe UI, Tahoma, Times New Roman, and Verdana. The Adobe fonts wtih "Pro" in the title also seem to: Arno Pro, Garamond Premr Pro, Hypatia Sans Pro (the freebie for registering CS3), Minion Pro, and Myriad Pro.