1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 1:40 AM by Mylenium

Position of object changes with new layer

JPYamamoto

After Effects CS6 11.0.4.2

I have installed the recent updates as this page says (FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

I have an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-core processor 4GHz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 200 series Graphic Card

3rd party plugins installed: Element 3D.

I have an object made on Element 3D linked to a null object in order to control its movement. The position it has is just as I want it. However, when I add a new layer (adjustment layer, solid, text, or other) the position of the null object changes. This is big trouble because I'm using 3d objects and as they occupy a different position, their movement doesn't look ok.

I wanted to add an adjustment layer, so I just precomposed what I already had, and add the adjustment layer to the comp, so it doesn't change. It worked perfectly. But, now I want to add a new text object, take it to Element 3D to extrude it, and link it to a null object, the problem is that if I add the null object, or the text layer to the original comp, the previous objects will change their position.

I'm using expressions such as wiggle and time* with the first null object. Has this trouble something to do with that?

How can I fix it?

Thank you