2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 8:13 AM by TakkZ

Plugin library version error

TakkZ

Good morning,

building an app I'm coding I found myself in front of the impossibility to made the build due to a problem with two plugin:

HelpShift: helpshift-support-plugin and ZeroConf cordova-plugin-zeroconf.

The first one generates the following error on android:

:helpshift-support-plugin:nativeSDK:processDebugResources/project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug/values-v23/values.xml:5: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Inverse'.

And this on iOS:

/tmp/gimlet/2078210/project/JarvisDev/Plugins/cordova-plugin-zeroconf/ZeroConf.swift:10:34: error: use of undeclared type 'CDVPlugin'
      @objc(ZeroConf) class ZeroConf : CDVPlugin

The second plugin, ZeroConf, seems to work on Android, but it doesnt on iOS, giving the same error of HelpShift Plugin.

I've already tried to put:

<config-file platform="android" parent="/manifest" mode="merge">
        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="19" android:targetSdkVersion="23"
          android:compileSdkVersion="23" android:buildToolsVersion="23" />
      </config-file>

in my config.xml file, but it doesn't work,.

There is a way to made those plugins working with PhoneGap Build or I need to find another solution?

Thank you,

Vittorio Giovanelli

• 1. Re: Plugin library version error
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

I would suggest contacting the plugin authors to help with this issue.

Chris

• 2. Re: Plugin library version error
            TakkZ Level 1

Thank you, i've done it.

And they make me notice that, even with

<preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="23" />

log shows that version 22 is used:

/android-sdk/build-tools/23.0.1/aapt package -f --no-crunch -I /android-sdk/platforms/android-22/android.jar -M /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/bundles/debug/Android Manifest.xml -S /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug -A /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/bundles/debug/assets -m -J /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/generated/source/r/debug --debug-mode --custom-package com.helpshift --non-constant-id -0 apk --output-text-symbols /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/bundles/debug

That generate the exception.

I've tryed with the

<config-file platform="android" parent="/manifest" mode="merge">
                  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="19" android:targetSdkVersion="23"
                            android:compileSdkVersion="23" android:buildToolsVersion="23" />
                </config-file>

But it fails with wrong config.xml error.

This is the stacktrace on that point:

:helpshift-support-plugin:nativeSDK:processDebugManifest

:helpshift-support-plugin:nativeSDK:processDebugResources/project/helpshift-support-plugin /dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug/values-v23/values.xml:5: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Inverse'.

/project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug/values-v23/v alues.xml:20: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Colored'.

FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':helpshift-support-plugin:nativeSDK:processDebugResources'.

> com.android.ide.common.internal.LoggedErrorException: Failed to run command:

/android-sdk/build-tools/23.0.1/aapt package -f --no-crunch -I /android-sdk/platforms/android-22/android.jar -M /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/bundles/debug/Android Manifest.xml -S /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug -A /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/bundles/debug/assets -m -J /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/generated/source/r/debug --debug-mode --custom-package com.helpshift --non-constant-id -0 apk --output-text-symbols /project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/bundles/debug

Error Code:

Output:

/project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug/values-v23/ values.xml:5: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Inverse'.

/project/helpshift-support-plugin/dev-nativeSDK/build/intermediates/res/debug/values-v23/ values.xml:20: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Colored'.

Thank you for your answer.