3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 12:53 PM by Joe ... Ward

Change NativeWindow background color

banana.tropicale
      Hi, I'm developing ad Air application with Flash. This application creates other windows and plays video in fullscreen mode. Created windows have white background so in fullscreen mode i have white strips :-(
      Do you know if is possible to change native window background color?
      I can't create a transparent window because I load PDF documents with an HTMLLoader object in the same window.

Thanks
      Francesca

Sorry for my terrible english :-/
        • 1. Re: Change NativeWindow background color
          Joe ... Ward Level 4
          When you create an AIR window it doesn't have any content (and there's no background color property implemented for the window or stage themselves). To provide a background, you can add a sprite to the window stage and draw the desired background using that sprite.
          • 2. Change NativeWindow background color
            banana.tropicale Level 1
            I'm creating windows with NativeWindowSystemChrome.NONE crome and transparent = false and I'm obtaining windows with white background.
            Do you mean to create a transparent window and a sprite to add to the stage to use it as "stage background"?
            I can't because I must set transparent value to false bacause I have to load a pdf into an htmlLoader.

Entering in Fullscreen mode with FLVPlayback.enterFullScreenDisplayState I have the correct black background but I must set FLVPlayback.fullscreenTakeOver to false, set stage.fullScreenRect and change stage.displayState because I have to show some buttons over video player in fullscreen mode.

Sorry for my terrible english
            • 3. Re: Change NativeWindow background color
              Joe ... Ward Level 4
              Yes, I mean create a sprite and draw the background using its graphics object (i.e. drawRect()). You do not need to use a transparent window to do this.