2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2009 8:01 AM by MorganEngel

HBox and the Depth Manager

MorganEngel
      I have an HBox that contains a number of tabs. I chose not to use the tabbar because I need to have multiple lines of text and I wasn't sure if this problem could be solved there either.

The tabs I have are overlapping. I need the first tab to be on top, the second tab to be beneath it and the third beneath that, etc. Problem is, when I adjust the depth, the tabs move places. Is there any way to resolve this?

If I just extend the tabbar to be multiline, does it support depth adjustments?
        • 1. Re: HBox and the Depth Manager
          Level 7

"MorganEngel" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gplue7$1bg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have an HBox that contains a number of tabs. I chose not to use the
          >tabbar
          > because I need to have multiple lines of text and I wasn't sure if this
          > problem
          > could be solved there either.
          >
          > The tabs I have are overlapping. I need the first tab to be on top, the
          > second
          > tab to be beneath it and the third beneath that, etc. Problem is, when I
          > adjust
          > the depth, the tabs move places. Is there any way to resolve this?
          >
          > If I just extend the tabbar to be multiline, does it support depth
          > adjustments?

Try Canvas.

• 2. Re: HBox and the Depth Manager
            MorganEngel Level 1
            yeah, that's always an option, but completely rebuilding the HBox component for one issue seems unpleasant. If that's the only solution, though, so be it.