• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User not activated

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded public library book will not open on my Nook simple touch.

Error message says "User not activated"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you authorize your Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did. I did so many things. It's hard to keep track.

Tfhanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you not sure you can reset the reader and authorize new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reset the Nook. I lost all that was on the Nook. I reregistered.

Still get same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You enter the Adobe ID new after the reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sep 2016 - I have only recently bought a Nook (Simple Touch Glowlight 4GB) and have had the error, 'User not activated', with 3 of the eBooks I have bought from online retailers.  (I live in the UK and we are not allowed to buy directly from Barnes and Noble !!)

I have been receiving an '.acsm' file then downloading the EPUB file using Adobe Digital Editions.  At this point I can read the book on screen on my iMac but when I sideload it on to my Nook, the Nook does not allow me to read it - 'User not activated'.

I have then used an independent, free, eBook program called, 'Calibre', to load the first, downloaded EPUB file into Calibre's own 'library'.  At this point I go to the Calibre Library folder on the Mac and copy that version directly on to the Nook.

I don't understand what the difference is or why it works - I did wonder if Calibre stripped out the copyright (DRM) stuff from the eBook but I don't believe it can do that.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem...user not activated..nook had a problem where they wanted credit card info to read a downloaded ebook that was authorized from the library. It required a deactivation and reactivation from Barnes and Noble. I did this step and it worked fine..I'm able to download their books. However, I'm still not able to open the books on my nook from the library. I get "user not activated" on the nook. I have tried deleting the adobe file on my computer several times and I'm never prompted to "authorize" my nook as the documentation suggests. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling adobe digital editions.

What can I do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines