6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2016 10:23 AM by stoneg88970615

Lost LR2 serial number.

stoneg88970615

I currently have LR2. I bought the LR6 upgrade for $79. But I can't find my serial number for my LR2 so I can install LR6. I did not register LR2 through Adobe, so it is not listed under my Adobe account. I think I bought the LR2 package/disc from Best Buy, but I'm not sure. I looked everywhere for the LR2 case but cannot find it anywhere. Am I screwed? Is there anyway to get a serial number so I can install LR6? If so, how?

I tried a chat with Adobe, but the agent was ABSOLUTELY NO HELP! In fact, I question whether she knew much about the product at all.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

• 1. Re: Lost LR2 serial number.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lost information - reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

If the above does not help, you will need to get a refund for the upgrade you bought

• 2. Re: Lost LR2 serial number.
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you still have LR2 installed and registered on your computer then just register it with Adobe or use the products listed above to find it from system files.

if you don't have the computer LR2 was installed on anymore and don't have a file-backup of that computer then you'll need to repurchase a full license, I'd expect.   The only thing of value is the serial number because installers are all downloadable and can be run in trial mode.  So saying you "have" LR only has meaning if you "have" the serial number.

• 3. Re: Lost LR2 serial number.
              floyd5155

Not sure if this will make a difference, but I opened my LR2. I went to help>Lightroom Registration and noticed I hadn't registered the software (None of the fields were filled in. After registering and going back to help>LR registration, the fields were now filled in). So I registered the software and sent it to Adobe. Will I now be able to call Adobe to get the serial number?

• 4. Re: Lost LR2 serial number.
                floyd5155 Level 1

YES! That worked!

• 5. Re: Lost LR2 serial number.
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can login to www.adobe.com with your AdobeID, click Manage Account, then look under All Products and Services (or something like that) and see all the serial numbers you've registered with Adobe.  No need to call.

• 6. Re: Lost LR2 serial number.
                    stoneg88970615 Level 1

So, for those who find themselves in a similar situation, here's how I got things figured out. I must admit, this process is basically from information found and pieced together on the internet.

1. Lost my serial number for Lightroom 2

2. I bought LR2 as a DVD from a retailer, not a download, so there was no record of registration on my Adobe account.

3. Fortunately, because I did not register the software, I opened my LR2 version, went to "help," and "register." All the fields were blank, so I knew I didn't register it when I bought it originally. So I registered. When registering make sure you use your Adobe Login email address.

4. After registering my LR2, I went to my Adobe account, and there my LR2 version appeared along with the serial number.