5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2016 7:07 PM by Just Shoot Me

where are my photos

shaunh10508479

downloaded the free trial to see how it worked thought i might enhance a photo before i bought a program now all my photos are gone they go back years and lots of memory's and starting to panic.adobe support are suddenly invisible when you need help wish I had not done this is now I haven't got a clue how to get them back or even find them should I take the computer somewhere and have someone look at it and give adobe the bill or do you think they will just ignore me after all I am only a customer.

• 1. Re: where are my photos
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which Adobe product are you using?

• 2. Re: where are my photos
            shaunh10508479 Level 1

Light room

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: where are my photos
              dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom doesn't delete photos unless you tell it to.

The photos are still on one of your hard disks somewhere. Use your operating system to search for them by file name.

And you have backups, don't you?

• 4. Re: where are my photos
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You said that your photos are gone. Do you mean that they don't display automatically in Lightroom like they would in other programs? Have you followed the process of importing your images using Lightroom. You indicated that you wanted to see how Lightroom works. How much familiarity do you have with Lightroom?

• 5. Re: where are my photos
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

shaunh10508479 wrote:

downloaded the free trial to see how it worked thought i might enhance a photo before i bought a program now all my photos are gone they go back years and lots of memory's and starting to panic.adobe support are suddenly invisible when you need help wish I had not done this is now I haven't got a clue how to get them back or even find them should I take the computer somewhere and have someone look at it and give adobe the bill or do you think they will just ignore me after all I am only a customer.

My guess is when you imported them into LR you used the Move option in the LR import dialog and they got moved from where you originally placed them to some new location on your hard drive.

More then likely into the Pictures folder under your User Name and probably into a Subfolder.

Use the search function of your operating system to search your drive for *.JPG or if you shoot RAW images then after the period ( . ) use the RAW file extension for the search.