3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2016 4:24 AM by trshaner

Export Failure

BigPoppaSafa

I'm done editing my photo and when I'm ready to export, I take the appropriate measures.  Highlight the photo's I want to export from the Library, File> Export> Select Settings> click Export... and then nothing happens.  The export window goes away as if I hit cancel (which I didn't).  I've tried multiple ways of exporting, i.e. with preset, from previous, right click the thumbnail, click export shortcut button on bottom left of screen... Nothing seems to work.  It used to work.  I changed nothing and have no plug ins installed.  I can even export the files to a DNG file.  Essentially, I can convert the files but can't export them as JPG's.  I've found nothing identical in the forums...

I have uninstalled and re-installed.  Here's a picture of my settings using previously used settings.  It will allow me to e-mail the photo in actual size.  That's been my work around.  But I do not have a work-around for the watermark, obviously.  E-mailing it to myself.  Thank you for helping with this.

Safa

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 9.39.06 PM.png

• 1. Re: Export Failure
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It appears the files already exist with those names. What happens if you change the below setting to 'Ask what to do' and then use 'Unique Names?'

• 2. Re: Export Failure
            BigPoppaSafa Level 1

That was it, you were right.  Different files already had the name so I just had to start the number count higher up.  Thank you so much for the help.  I'm surprised an error message doesn't appear explaining why the export doesn't begin.

• 3. Re: Export Failure
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

BigPoppaSafa wrote:

That was it, you were right. Different files already had the name so I just had to start the number count higher up. Thank you so much for the help. I'm surprised an error message doesn't appear explaining why the export doesn't begin.

Technically it's not an error–It's just doing what you asked. There are numerous operations in LR like this where a message popup would be helpful. For example when creating a Slideshow if you have only one image file selected ALL the image files visible in the Grid view will be added to the slideshow. In fact you can't create a slideshow output with just one image file. Logically an error message should popup and warn that only one image file is selected, do you want to proceed...or something like that....and then let you decide if you want to create a one (1) image file slideshow.

The best way to make this happen is to request it at the Photoshop Family website: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family