Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated download prompts

Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using OS X version 10.11.5 w/Safari v9.1.1 (11601.6.17). I'm on day 3 of being prompted to download flash player update.  The version of the update is the same, v22.0.0.209, and the exact same size of 773kb.  I apply the update, in a few hours I'm prompted to do it again.  I have used the "Update Now" button on the notification as well as trying to do the update from Adobe.com itself.  They all show "Installation completed" with the green checkmark.  Safari's Security settings have "Allow" for Flash.  This is very frustrating.  My downloads folder is filling up with incremental versions of this same download (AdobeFlashPlayer_22_a_install.dmg, AdobeFlashPlayer_22_a_install-2.dmg, etc. Plus AdobeFlashPlayer_22ppau_a_install.dmg.)  Please advice how I can fix this. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart the browser after the installation completed?  For Flash Player upgrades, closing the browser is not required, however, Safari, and Chromium-based browsers will not load the new version until the browser is restarted.

Also, based on the file names you've provided you are installing both the NPAPI plugin (for Safari/Firefox) and the PPAPI plugin (for Opera and chromium-based browsers).

The installer files are not incremental versions. These are the online installers which download and install Flash Player silently in the background.  You can go ahead and delete these from your downloads directory.

After you restart the browser(s) go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click 'Check Now' button.  What is the resulting system information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I have updated and installed FP, yet keep getting repeated notices to download and install, which interrupt my work. How can I turn off these prompts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@https://forums.adobe.com/people/Robert%20Withers

Please don't post the same comment in numerous topics.  It results in users replying to you in multiple locations.  I replied to your post at Repeated prompts to download FP .  Please reply there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines