2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2016 9:05 AM by morganf41881165

Adding a Hyperlink to a URL that is an online PDF

morganf41881165 Level 1

I am attempting to add a URL to InDesign, and then save it as an Interactive PDF - I have no problem linking regular URL's to my InDesign work (for example www.adobe.com), however the URL I am trying to add is an online PDF. Here is the URL I'm trying to link: www.isealalliance.org/sites/default/files/private/ISEAL%20DIPI%20India%20baseline%20study %20report.pdf

Once I've added the URL, all looks good on the Hyperlinks panel in InDesign. I then export the file from InDesign as an Adobe PDF (Interactive). When I click on the hyperlink in the generated Adobe PDF the following message window pops up:

There is no application set to open the URL www.isealalliance.org/sites/default/files/private/ISEAL%20DIPI%20India%20baseline%20study %20report.pdf.

Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer.

I then have three options to choose from: Cancel, Choose Application, and Search App Store.

When I select: Choose Application, there are no applications that I'm able to select. I thought selecting preview, or Acrobat Pro would have been available to select, but no.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.