• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

redirect logged in user to specific page

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to direct a user to their own specific page when they log in?

My photographer client wants customers to be able to view their own gallery that she has uploaded for them when they log in, without other users being able to see their specific gallery or any link/s to it.

I'm sure this can be done using liquid, I just have no idea how.

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought of making it a customer submitted web app so you can assign the Web app to a person. Instead of using the already made photo gallery, create a custom web app that is photo gallery. Once she has made the gallery for them, assign it to the person from the crm and put the code on a photo gallery page to show the submitted web app for the customer. You then just need to direct them to the gallery page which will show the photo gallery web app connected to that person. I love liquid and know there is a way to do alot of things but haven't come across this yet so I can only help by sharing this idea. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, Sarah. Although I'm not sure if it will do what I need. I'll give it a go though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Daniel,

You could accomplish this by combining Liquid Mark-up with either Content Holders or a Javascript Redirect script.  I'm including an example from a project I'm currently working on. In my example, you would need a separate content holder for each client's Slide Show gallery.  Liquid allows us to insert the matching content holder for each client on-the-fly.  We use the client's email address to identify them.

Create a Select Case statement with Liquid.  The Select Case code would be inserted on the Landing Page that loads after the user logs in. 

1) Create a Unique Content Holder for each of the Photographer's clients.  Be sure to give them each a unique name or, if you prefer, reference the content holder's ID number.

2) Reference the user's email address as the foundation for the Select Case statement:  {% case globals.user.email -%} .

3) Pair up each client's email address with his/her relevant content holder.  See code example below.  Note you could include multiple content holder here and whatever HTML mark-up you want.

4) Obviously this is only a work-able solution on a small scale.  And you would need to add the Content Holder and update the Liquid Logic every time a new client photo gallery is added.  I've also read that BC may have some limitations when you exceed 500 items in a list.  Not sure if that applies here.

Select Case Statement Using Liquid Logic Example:  Liquid will insert the content holder that matches the user's email address...

{% case globals.user.email -%}

{% when 'james-bond@hotmail.com' -%}

{module_contentholder name="Bond Wedding August 14 2016"}

{% when 'mister-rogers@yahoo.com' -%}

{module_contentholder name="Rogers Birthday Party June 5 2016"}

{% when 'ferris-bueller@gmail.com' -%}

{module_contentholder name="Sick Day with Friends in NYC"}

{% else -%}

<p>Oops, we couldn't locate your photo gallery. If you need assistance, please contact support.</p>

{% endcase -%}

5) Liquid Code does not render on the client side.  Only the module tags and HTML output will appear.  Viewing source code will not show any of the liquid mark-up.

6) Consider creating a Web App on the Admin Side that will allow your client to update these logic fields using the GUI / Admin interface.  Very few clients can be expected to reliably manage code.

BC has a large team of partner-focused developers out there that can help you with this.  The BC App Store is also worth a look.

BC Sandpile has many great free tutorials.  Also check out BC Gurus and BC Academe--paid resources but well worth the investment.

Much of what I have learned has come through tutorials created by Scott at thrise.com. 

Good luck.

--George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines