4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2006 12:14 PM by TimSymons

Flash and C+

Zealouse
      Hi,
      I’ve been looking around to see if I can find an answer.

We have a program written in C+ and VB is it possible to use Flash as an interface with a program created in C+?
      Has any one done this?
      We like the way Flash works and looks and would like to use in with the program.
      Any help or direction would be appreciated.
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Flash and C+
          Level 7
          Flash player is just an activex control .. you can add it to your c++
          program as you would any other custom activex control. Then you can tell it
          to load a swf file and have the flash move make fscommand or
          ExternalInterface calls and add appropriate code to your c++ program to
          respond to those.
          --
          Jeckyl

• 2. Re: Flash and C+
            Zealouse Level 1
            So it would be possible to create an interface that would lie over a C++ program? We would be able to create buttons that could call on C++ code?
            I was wondering if there are any functional examples or applications that are currently utilizing the two languages?
            I'd like to prove a point that Flash can be use as an interface with a program built in C++
            -The designers at Artsoft would rather use Flash-
            Thanks
            • 3. Re: Flash and C+
              Zealouse Level 1
              I was wondering if there are any functional examples or applications that some one could post or send me. Thanks
              • 4. Re: Flash and C+
                TimSymons Level 1
                Never tried what you are talking about but I found this in the Help files for Flash 8 under ExternalInterfaces.

"The ExternalInterface class is the External API, an application programming interface that enables straightforward communication between ActionScript and the Flash Player container; for example, an HTML page with JavaScript, or a desktop application with Flash Player embedded. "

If you haven't already looked I would start there.

Tim