1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2006 1:33 PM by anogarlr

Input Text reference not working

cutter1
      I have an instance of a movie clip called "Search_Input" that has within it a single Input Text
      box called "Input_txt" that is intended for the user to enter a search string into

-AND-

Next to that I have a button (not part of the movie clip) with the following action assigned to it:
      ==========================================================
      on (release) {
      getURL("search.php?query="+Input_txt.text+"&search=1");
      }
      ==========================================================

When the flash movie is packaged and I upload it to the www, everything plays fine and I can enter
      text into the Input Text box, but when I click the button I get an error which displays my POST string
      as "search.php?query=&search=1" which means that my reference to the "Input_txt" is not working.

I have replaced the "Input_txt" reference in the On Release statement with a literal value (like "concrete") and
      packaged and tried the flash movie on the www and it worked fine.

I have tried alternative variable assignment for the value of "Input_txt" with a trace and it shows as undefined, so I'm pretty sure my reference or the syntax of the reference to the "Input_txt" item within the movie clip must be incorrect.

I'm at my witts end, where am I making the mistake at? If anybody can help, I sure would appreciate it.

Regards,
      -Carl