2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 3:04 PM by Rick Gerard

Importing Multiple Sequences

jahesscreen Level 1

Hi guys,

there´s one pretty common problem and apparently there is not really a solution,...

However I have to ask it as it just cost 3 hours of my day.

Its about importing multiple image sequences when working on a Mac Pro in a server environment.

Once there are more than a couple hundred files and multiple sequences it´s always a hassle to import those.

First it takes like hooouuurs to select all the frames at once. Than it takes hours to enable „Import Multiple Sequences“ and than it takes forever to actually import them. And it´s never sure if the „Multiple Sequences“ option is kept enabled during Import.

Apparently Adobe prefers implementing useless updates like interface and shortcut changes instead of fixing the servere issues After Effects has (another one: PNGIO Error) and I can´t count how many nights of my life I lost due to this issues.

Isn´t there AAAANY solution to just import the files (like it does on windows) instead of working locally on one machine? Working locally is just not possible in larger environments on larger projects (and well,.... even working locally doesn´t really help on a mac)

Looking forward to your replies.

EDIT: Working on AE CC2015.2 Version 13.7.0.124 and OSX Yosemite V 10.104

• 1. Re: Importing Multiple Sequences
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Three things:

1) You should consider updating to 10.10.5 Apple fixed some big bugs in Yosemite that were affecting After Effects in the 10.10.5 update

2) You might consider updating AE. The updates to 13.7.2 fixed quite a few bugs.

3) Importing image sequences is one of the nice performance improvements in the newest version of After Effects. Make sure, when you're installing the "update" to CC 2015.3 (which is actually a brand new version, so think of it as CC 2016), that you don't let the Creative Cloud app default to removing your older versions. CC 2015.3 installs alongside CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6, or any other versions just fine with no issues. And project files can move back and forth between AE versions CC 2014, CC 2015, and CC 2015.3, so even if you run into an issue with the new version, you can simply open up the older version and get back to work.

1 and 3 are the biggies.

• 2. Re: Importing Multiple Sequences
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My first suggestion is that you keep working versions of Adobe products on your system so you can revert back with a single click if you have problems.

Are you telling me that you can not simply click on one image in a sequence and select Import as a sequence? It's working for me but I"m on OS X 10.11.5 and

Also, the latest build of AE (15.3) has an entirely new way of importing image sequences that is a lot faster.