4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 2:14 AM by ddhayles

Publish on ftp small site created entirely with animated edge 2015?

SanchezMusics Level 1

I'm experimenting with the creation of a small site entirely in edge animate (fantastic software and it really is a shame that his life so short) and wanted to know how to load properly on ftp? If I export the site, I find it difficult to publish it on ftp, you never see well, how come? There is a function like muse namely: Upload on ftp host? How load correctly with edge animate 2015?

P.s. sorry for my english, I'm Italian

• 1. Re: Publish on ftp small site created entirely with animated edge 2015?
          SanchezMusics Level 1

friends, sometimes I can get an answer without begging.

It is an official forum with many experts because it does not help all?

Thank you so much

• 2. Re: Publish on ftp small site created entirely with animated edge 2015?
            ddhayles Level 3

Hi Sanchez

First let me say that i'm glad you have chosen to use Edge Animate as we in the EA community are now responsible for keeping this software alive.

Having said that, since Adobe have ceased development of EA users have deserted this forum in their droves, any response you get will be from other working professionals like myself who offer up there time for free to help fellow users. As my schedule is very busy as with other people who are kind enough to help out in this forum, responses are quite often delayed and therefore patience is much appreciated. I myself usually scan through the new posts first thing in the morning before my day gets fully underway and get too busy to respond.

To answer your question regarding FTP, Edge Animate doesn't include an FTP connection like Dreamweaver so you will need to FTP your files to your server using a dedicated FTP program or indeed Dreamweaver. Once you have completed your EA project simply export it by clicking File-Publish, this creates a folder called "web" that you can navigate to via Dreamweaver or another alternative FTP package.

I hope this helps, if not let me know specifically where you are having difficulty uploading the files and I will try to help.

• 3. Re: Publish on ftp small site created entirely with animated edge 2015?
              SanchezMusics Level 1

imagine someone who is working and often returns to visit to see if there is finally an answer, but instead he not finds ever, and after days and days. Very sad

If you would need help, but no one helps you, would you like?

• 4. Re: Publish on ftp small site created entirely with animated edge 2015?
                ddhayles Level 3

As far as I can see all your posts have been answered within a day which I personally think as quite good going. By complaining you may find that people are less inclined to offer up there time to help.