3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 7:48 AM by rob day

Open Photoshop/InDesign/Animate with startup settings from external app

peterp19814890

I'm developing Electron app that among others functionalities is integrated with few Adobe CC products.

What i want do to:

Run Photoshop/InDesign/Animate CC project with loaded files (on startup) to layers/library, and few options set (like canvas size, color, etc.) to automate process of creating new projects.

In a nutshell: user opens my Electron app, he has to make an InDesign project (all source files are on local disk already) - with one big button "OPEN WITH InDesign" he lanuches Adobe InDesign with all files in library and canvas set to proper dimentions.

What I already did:

With node child_process i fired simple exec:

childProcess.exec(`"${photoshopPath}" "${scriptPath}"`, { cwd: cwdPath });

This code launches Photoshop (direct path) with JSX file (its an Extendscript that takes few images to layers and it sets canvas size)

It looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\photoshop" "C:\Users\workspace\AppData\Roaming\Electron\temp\photoshop\photoshop_test.jsx"

It's not good solution - but it's only one that works for now

My question is:

Is there any way of running those adobe applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Animate - CC newest versions) with injected Adobe JSX scripts better way?

OR

Maybe I can somehow create adobe app project programmatically and set all options in this process?

OR

it can be done only with native adobe plugins?