• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, In Adobe Reader: Won't save the Rotated view

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When I open a pdf that was scanned in horizontally and I use the "Rotate" option to correct the file I then click file save as and resave it so it will open correctly to who I send it.

Problem is even after it is saved even as a new file name it still opens horizontally. Why? How do I get this to save properly? Thanks

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

That's exactly correct. Rotate view rotates the VIEW only - what you are looking at. It does not change the document. You need ROTATE PAGES, a function only in the paid-for Acrobat (which also has Rotate View, unchanged).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly correct. Rotate view rotates the VIEW only - what you are looking at. It does not change the document. You need ROTATE PAGES, a function only in the paid-for Acrobat (which also has Rotate View, unchanged).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see I must click on the thumbnail view, select pages to rotate then do so. This then "activates" the Save button and it saves correctly thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terrible design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know how to rotate the file—not just the "view"—but even when I do that, strange things often happen.

Sometimes, I'll open the file and Adobe will randomly change the orientation.

Others, the "space bar" preview on Mac OSX will be buggy.

In general, I've found a TON of bugs regarding keeping Adobe acrobat pages the correct rotation—and wonder if others do as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Professional 100% working

Open the pdf which you want to rotate

Go to View

Go to Rotate view

Change the preferred rotation

Go to print

Select Foxit printer (It saves the documents on your system,  saves as a file (soft copy mean to say saves in the computer)

Then click print

Rename and save it choosing your preferred location

Now you are done with it.

how rotate 1.pnghow rotate.png

how rotate 2.jpg

how rotate 6.jpg

howrotate9.jpg

The screenshot is blurred for privacy

rotate 10.jpg

Now, this is opened in the preferred view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George, but if you have Acrobat Professional (the original poster DID NOT 3 years ago) there is certainly no point using a third party PDF printer. Or even the Adobe PDF Printer. Use the Rotate Pages function NOT THE ROTATE VIEW FUNCTION. In Acrobat DC it's under Organize Panes or the Pages view in the left panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion MVP. You are right but when we can do the work in the old version why can't we use it. My work is to do the work assigned as a document controller I do it in the perfect way when I upload the documents. That's all. Now you can see updated guidelines how to use it with the screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You do not have to use the paid software look for my below guidelines on how to save in preferred view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have to use the paid software why do you begin your instructions by saying "Adobe Acrobat Professional"? Nobody with the free software will bother to read your instructions, which might otherwise be useful to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine, though, Adobe will delete the post, since the purpose of this forum is not to promote third party alternatives to paid-for Adobe products... !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rotate it to the view you want, then select print and use Microsoft Print to PDF.

whew...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines