11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 2:50 PM by zs74693005

Suddenly all DNG files in LR 6.6 give the message "The file appears to be damaged or unsupported"

zs74693005

I'm running LR 6.6 on Mac OS 10.10.5.

Suddenly and without warning, a problem has arisen with all DNG files in my catalog.  I can view the photos in the Library module without an issue, but when I switch to the Develop module, I cannot edit the photos and I am presented with the message "The file appears to be damaged or unsupported".  All of these DNG files have been on my HD for months or years and I have been able to edit them without problems before.

I cannot tell what is going on, but I have tried a few things:

*     The HD appears to be in good shape.  Disk Utility was able to find no errors and validation issues on the disc

*     The problem has affected all 8000+ DNG files in my catalog, but no other file types

*     The files are readable by other programs such as Iridient Developer and Mac Preview.

*     I first noticed the problem after upgrading to LR 6.6, but the problem may have arisen earlier

*     All DNG files were shot on a Fujifilm XE-2 and converted from RAF to DNG with Adobe Camera Raw.

Any help is greatly appreciated!