1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 5:31 AM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe Premier Elements 13

annes56881650

I have Adobe Premier Elements 13 - worked fine until computer has been upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I try to burn the DVD - I get error message no burners detected, although the computer is recognizing both internal & external burners. Why does this program not work with Windows 10

[please do not double post, others deleted.

your post has to go through moderation first, hence the delay

Mod]

• 1. Re: Adobe Premier Elements 13
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

A number of things can affect how the program interfaces with your disc drive -- and upgrading an entire operating system is a major change to your system. It's possible that uninstalling/reinstalling the program will fix the problem. It's possible that your drive's firmware was affected by the switch to Windows 10. And it's possible removing the drive in your Device Manager and letting Windows reinstall it will help.

Meantime, you can always output your DVD as an ISO file and then use a program like the excellent, free ImgBurn to burn the DVD to a disc. This process takes no longer than burning directly to a disc and gives you the advantage of having an archived version of your DVD on your hard drive.

You can find a tutorial for installing and using ImgBurn on my Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

*** Installing and using ImgBurn to burn DVDs and BluRay discs ***