1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 14 - Resource Hog?

rfkiii in USA Level 1

Coming from Premiere Elements 11, during rendering, I was able to work normally, surf, read email, download/upload files, run other programs, without any obvious degradation of performance. Not so with '14. Performance is so bad during rendering that when I select an email such as advertising from Amazon, I get a slow Progress Bar as the system downloads images for the email. I saw no obvious differences in Preferences between the two versions. Can anyone confirm similar behavior? Running an ASUS z97 chipset circa 2014, i7-4770k 3.5gHz, 24 GB RAM, GTX-770 video card, Win-7 Pro.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 - Resource Hog?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Performance is affected by so many things, rfkiii, including your project settings, the media you're using, if you've resized your photos to close to video resolution, etc. So you do want to make sure you're doing an apples to apples comparison.

Also, since you have a GTX graphics card, you should UNCHECK the option to use Hardware Acceleration in the program's preferences (under the Edit menu). This option only affects Intel graphics and can negatively impact high-end graphics card.

But that said, you certainly shouldn't see decreased performance in version 14. I certainly don't.