4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 3:08 PM by karenf1

Installing DUik into AE CS 5.5

karenf1 Level 1

I downloaded the zip - unpacked it and put the files into the Scripts/ UI panel. Now I am getting the instructions shown in the screenshot below.

I followed up until I realized I'd opened the Terminal. No way. That is so over my head. Is there any way to successfully install Duik without having to enter a script into the terminal- or should I just surrender?

BTW -I watched 3 movies and googled countless sites but nothing really suggested a solution.

Is it possible I shouldn't have put all the unzipped files into the one folder? Many thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 5.51.11 PM.png

• 1. Re: Installing DUik into AE CS 5.5
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks like a permissions issue. It isn't able to write to where it needs to write.

• 2. Re: Installing DUik into AE CS 5.5
            karenf1 Level 1

Thanks again, Szalam. I just tried it on my other machine and it worked perfectly and took less than 5 seconds to install. I wonder if it bucked because the other machine is running a trial version of AE CS5.5? But - no matter. I'm good to go -- and off to hunt down some good tutorials! BTW - I'm looking forward to those tutorials you suggested on my other post. Thanks again!

One more question - would you know if (and where) it's possible to purchase just a copy of AE CS6? I don't want to go to CC yet - but CS6 converts imported .AI files to shape layers - which CS 5.5 does not. When I bought the CS 6 Suite I bought the print version which doesn't have AE.

I see people selling it on craigslist - but they don't look like legal copies. Is there a place to buy a legal copy of AE CS 6?

• 3. Re: Installing DUik into AE CS 5.5
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can call Adobe to purchase CS6 (the number is here), but they're going to try to talk you into going with CC. Which, I probably would too if you asked my opinion. I quite like the CC model.

• 4. Re: Installing DUik into AE CS 5.5
                karenf1 Level 1

Thanks for the info. I will call them on Monday. I may end up going with cc - but not just yet.