4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2006 11:56 AM by DJ_PSYMON

include or getecho help

DJ_PSYMON
      i need help, i want to change one thing in a hyperlink. i have seen thing such as file.swf?text=hello&link=home.php and the swf file shows a bit of text saying hello and it has a hyperlink that goes to home.php . how is that done, can some one give me a load of actionscript and instructions please. Thanks
        • 1. Re: include or getecho help
          Juankpro Level 2
          If you call a movie from another flash like file.swf?text=hello&link=home.php then you can access the variables text and link directly from the _root movie. For this code to work you need to post your files to a web server.
          • 2. Re: include or getecho help
            DJ_PSYMON Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: juankpro
            If you call a movie from another flash like file.swf?text=hello&link=home.php then you can access the variables text and link directly from the _root movie. For this code to work you need to post your files to a web server.

erm... ok, thanks, so do you know how its done then? whats the code? also i'm not trying to call a movie into the current movie, what i mean is text=hello means it will show hello and link=home.php means that hello has the hyperlink of home.php . i saw this done with a free nav bar but i can't remember where i got it from and i want to make my own.
            • 3. Re: include or getecho help
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              you should change text to textVar or something else other than a flash reserved word. then if you have an html-enabled textfield with instance name tf1, you can use:

• 4. Re: include or getecho help
                DJ_PSYMON Level 1
                this may be a bit annoying, but i have tryed it and i get some errors. can you give me like all the details if its no trouble, cheers.