4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 6:26 AM by Roei Tzoref

After effects corner pin track problem - skewed screen inlay / not lining up

LOVEFORSHAPES

Hi there folks! Hope you can help a girl out.

I am stumbling upon a screen inlay issue — this is the third corner pin tracking I am doing in my project. The others, accordingly to this tutorial, went well:

After Effects Video Tutorial: Cell Phone & Tablet Screen Replacement on Vimeo

Because of the lack of green screening while shooting I've picked any corner pin at all frames by hand. This has costed me a few hours, so I wish to do that not again because of the deadline. That's why I'm calling for your help.

This is what I have now. The positioning and perspective are moving with the tracked footage. The only problem is that it is appearing like this. You can see it's off the screen and skewed + scaled down too much. I thought there could be something wrong with the comp size.

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-21 om 16.24.05.png

When I made the whole structure of comps in comps like an other screen inlay piece that IS lining up correctly, this is still not working.

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-21 om 16.24.33.png

Schermafbeelding 2016-07-21 om 16.24.47.png

Maybe I've missed a step at some point. By the way, all the comps used for the screen inlay are in 2D. There are some other things that are 3D, but I unchecked the eye so you can't see them right now.

Please tell me if i have to do the tracking again, or just have to change something. All the data from the tracking is still there and I like to keep it, for the sake of time.

THANKS in advance!

I hope we can tackle this real quick.

Sophie