5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 8:01 AM by franckr96816870

Next version?

franckr96816870

I'm considering buying Premiere & Photoshop Elements but we're in July now and I was wondering when the next version may come out.
      It appears a new version of Elements gets released every year in September, will it be the case this year? Then I should wait till September to make my purchase, I guess, since I don't think they offer customers a free or cheaper upgrade if they purchase a version right before the next one comes out.

Next point, does anybody know if the next Premiere Elements will allow us to import MXF files directly?

Finally, I need to use Premiere Elements on 2 computers, does the basic licence allow this? Same user (me), but on 2 different machines (one at home and one away). Somebody (who felt like a bot...) told me it was OK for 2 computers in the support chat, but I'd like to have confirmation from humans.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Next version?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

franckr96816870 wrote:

It appears a new version of Elements gets released every year in September, will it be the case this year?

Those who know can't tell and those who tell can't know.

franckr96816870 wrote:

Finally, I need to use Premiere Elements on 2 computers, does the basic licence allow this?

You are allowed to install on any number of machines, but can only be signed in on two at a time and only use one at a time.

So, yes you can do that.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Next version?
            franckr96816870 Level 1

Thanks for the info

• 3. Re: Next version?
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're welcome.

• 4. Re: Next version?
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

franckr96816870 wrote:

Next point, does anybody know if the next Premiere Elements will allow us to import MXF files directly?

Finally, I need to use Premiere Elements on 2 computers, does the basic licence allow this? Same user (me), but on 2 different machines (one at home and one away).

My imac imports Canon mxf directly. Windows does not but if you change the extension to mpg it will.

You can install Elements on two different machines. Mac-Mac, Win-Win or Mac-Win.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Next version?
                  franckr96816870 Level 1

Thanks a lot for the tips. I was using VLC to change the file to .mpeg but all I needed to do was change the extension, right on! MXF problem solved