8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 4:11 PM by Jeff Witchel, ACI

How can I automatically insert a paragraph style after two paragraph marks(¶)?

PatrickGrade Level 1

Short version of the question:

How can I make InDesign 2015.4 automatically insert a paragraph style (in this case, the style is a paragraph dividing bar) after two consecutive paragraph markers appear in a linked Word file?

Long version of the question:

I manage a large number of product labels for my employer. I have created Word files containing the necessary directions, warnings, first aid and disposal info for each product. I want to be able to place the Word file into the label layouts and hopefully have InDesign insert a paragraph style that I created after two consecutive paragraph marks (¶). The paragraph style in question is a paragraph dividing bar that takes up around 85% of the width of the text box. I have tried to create the bar directly in the Word files themselves, but it does not look good that way

A rough example of what I am trying to say:

(How the Word file would look with special characters turned on)

Nihilin tem vis sedessi ntrurorum prionteludam quam optilnequi pecre conicat que pul hem omprio, caectuite autem, cum itemuli pat. Scii confir ina, quitilii patquem teribus?

Nihiliciorei in dius; non det, ublicae con ina, nonsus iamdiem duconsuludem in imed se, conituasdam et graet inam egilnes estemus tem tum ocremei sum ponsulem mei fur, quo is.

(What I would like InDesign to do)

Nihilin tem vis sedessi ntrurorum prionteludam quam optilnequi pecre conicat que pul hem omprio, caectuite autem, cum itemuli pat. Scii confir ina, quitilii patquem teribus?

Nihiliciorei in dius; non det, ublicae con ina, nonsus iamdiem duconsuludem in imed se, conituasdam et graet inam egilnes estemus tem tum ocremei sum ponsulem mei fur, quo is.

Is it possible to set something like this up?

Thanks for any suggestions or help!