9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 4:47 AM by Sheena Kaul

Frustrated! - Charged cancellation fee of $197 for cancelling during the free promotion period

bronniemae

Just wanted to voice my frustration at Adobe for being so sneaky and charging us a massive $197 cancellation fee for cancelling Adobe Stock which was given to us as a one month free promotion "cancel within the first 30 days for no charge".

The amount charged was never displayed in our Order History, nor was I made aware of the charge when I cancelled. I only found it as I was reconciling my credit card statement so therefore I had no idea what the charge was for.

I then had to spend 40mins on hold to your accounts department only to get cut off. Another 20 mins on hold again I finally talk to a person to try and find out what the charge was. Then they had no idea (or pretended not to know) about the promotion and I had to provide proof of the free deal. This was very frustrating and upsetting, let alone time consuming.

Thankfully, Adobe agreed to reverse the charge which I hope will show up on my credit card within the timeframe they said.

Why offer free promotions / offers that are so messy to process on the system and cause your customers so much grief?

After searching the forum I see that I'm not the only way to complain about this issue.