• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open borrowed eBook - "Activation Server error"

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started with not being able to open an eBook that was transferred to my Nook. After looking at other forum posts, I did downgrade by uninstalling ADE 4.5 and installing ADE 3.0. I then got an error message that the book could not be transferred to my Nook and I followed instructions on OverDrive that said to deauthorize the Nook and authorize it again. I still could not get it to transfer. I was just going to give up and read it on the computer, but now I'm getting the following error when I try to open the book:

Window Title: Computer Authorization

Body of Window: An Error Has Been Detected

Activation Server error - code E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

Digital Editions encounter an error on the activation server.

My only options are to hit Cancel or Try Again. Try Again will give me the same error message.

If I try to redownload the book from OverDrive, I get the following error:

Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY

I can only hit OK, there are no other buttons.

I tried going through customer service chat, but was informed that the only way to get help was asking on Forums. As an FYI, I'm working on a MBP, OS X 10.11.5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After some struggling getting to hidden library files, I've reauthorized the computer. I was getting an "Error: Cannot open eBook" on my Nook, but it DID let me transfer the files this time. After waiting about 5 minutes, it finally allowed me to open the book. Perhaps this was just multiple layers of authorization problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines