5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 12:52 AM by timboss81

Exporting JPEG from LR loses all adjustments

timboss81

Hi I was wondering if anybody can help with my dilemma! So I have an image of the Milky Way which I edited in Photoshop from raw and saved then as JPEG a few months back, I thought I'd come back to said image but only had my jpeg to hand so I edited again in Photoshop saved it and re imported the jpeg with the ps adjustments into Lightroom applied some filters, gradients etc and exported. I can see the image as a thumbnail in my folder on my Mac as I can in LR but if I preview it or try to upload it, the image loses all of the edits and comes out de-saturated and super noisey, any ideas as to why this is happening? Below is the jpeg I originally uploaded into Lightroom before I made my edits (this is time round, this isn't the original RAW image) but the jpeg after my first round of adjustments, compared with all my adjustments and what I can see in the thumbnail, thanks

13692871_10154142677401072_6151322899548132883_o.jpg

• 1. Re: Exporting JPEG from LR loses all adjustments
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The PS edited JPEG appears to be very noisy. Try applying Luminance Noise Reduction at 1:1 view to reduce the noise. Compare how the image looks now in both the Develop and Library modules as well as JPEG Export.

• 2. Re: Exporting JPEG from LR loses all adjustments
            timboss81 Level 1

Hi the issue isn't really the noise, it's the fact that the image I export in LR loses all the adjustments when I preview it on my Mac but I still see the exported finished image in a thumbnail on my desktop, so something is happening when I export the image, thanks

• 3. Re: Exporting JPEG from LR loses all adjustments
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Develop module uses a simpler algorithm for creating the less than 1:1 preview (i.e. Fit view, etc.). Images with a lot of noise will look lighter in the Library module and when Exported. This is because a higher quality algorithm is used (Bicubic) to create the Library preview and Export image file. The noise gets integrated with the subject picture image causing lightening and softer appearance.

"Compare how the image looks now in both the Develop and Library modules as well as JPEG Export."

Does the image look lighter in the Library module than in the Develop module? If so try adding some Luminace NR. DO you still have the raw file? If so what ISO was it shot at?

Re: LR Library vs Develop preview - Develop is wrong

• 4. Re: Exporting JPEG from LR loses all adjustments
                D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

Having read through the description several times and studied the image I think Ive come to the conclusion that you are previewing and uploading the wrong file. Or at least comparing different files to what you think you are comparing.

The jpg you imported into Lightroom "applied some filters, gradients etc and exported" was exported as a tif - IMG_0654-5.tif

Thats is the file we are looking at in your screenshot. As its version number 5 I suspect there may be others (1-4).

I am also wondering if in the export process you are selecting "original".

Could you search your system for the IMG_0654's and verify you are comparing the correct images. Also you may want to provide the actual images for folks to compare to see if they experience the same as you.

• 5. Re: Exporting JPEG from LR loses all adjustments
                  timboss81 Level 1

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 08.43.11.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-23 at 08.42.52.pnghi, I'm not selecting original in the export process, it is JPEG, yes sorry I am importing a tiff that I had saved from PS. I had tried it as a JPEG originally but was try other things ti see if it made any difference, above you can see that this is the preview I'm seeing on the thumbnail with all adjustments applied and then when I click on the image this is what I'm getting a washed out image, the original image was just showing what i had originally imported, thanks