2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2006 7:44 PM by Craig Grummitt

JPGs loaded with XML

flash_eidos
      Please help me with this issue. I have tried to solve this myself without luck. I am very close!

ISSUE: get the "next" and "previous"-buttons to work properly.

DESCRIPTION: if you browse through a portfolio, you should easily be able to click on the next image. At the moment it is not; when you have clicked on a thumbnail to view the larger version, you have to go back to the category to click on a new thumbnail.

I added the "next" and "previouos"-buttons to the project. This is how it works: SWF sample.

When you have clicked on a thumbnail, ex. in the fashion category and click on the 'next' button, it begins to show the last image on the xml-list. When I click next again, it shows the second last, and so on.

QUESTION: how can I make it show the next image listed after the current image viewed in the xml-file?

THE CODE:

• 1. Re: JPGs loaded with XML
          flash_eidos Level 1
          Anyone?
          • 2. Re: JPGs loaded with XML
            Craig Grummitt Level 3
            this should work fine if the variable visesNaa is set when the user clicks on a specific thumbnail.

you'll need to set antallBilder somewhere too... that part seems to be working on the linked site though, so you must be already.

what might be a better idea for structuring your code would be to put the line:
            fileName = alleFilnavn[visesNaa];
            in your imageView function. then you would just have to set visesNaa and call imageView regardless of whether the user clicked on a thumbnail or clicked on next/back. if you want to get even tidier, pass the function the variable visesNaa as a parameter.