11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2016 7:09 AM by trshaner

Lightroom 6 standalone not starting

sharnist

Hi,

I've been using Adobe Lightroom 6 for a long time and have been using Adobe Lightroom ever since version 1 on Mac OS.

I currently have Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan and the latest version of Lightroom 6 (6.6) standalone.

I am not a CC customer nor do I want to become one.

Adobe Lightroom 6 stopped working today with no obvious reason the software won't start anymore.

I see the splash screen for half a second then it vanishes, and the software closes with no error message,

I have seen this thread: Lightroom CC won't open

However I am no a CC customer and as a result do not have the CC App.

I nevertheless tried this by installing the CC App but wasn't not allowed to because my filesystem is case sensitive and CC apparently won't support this (?!!?).

I wanted to go ahead and uninstall in order to reinstall, but first downloaded the Lightroom full installer to try and install over, and found out that all fo a sudden this also doesn't support case sensitive volumes...

I have been using case sensitive volumes ever since I used Lightroom, this never caused any issue..

Anyhow I am left with a non starting Lightroom and a possible solution may be to log to the CC App I can't install.

Is there anything else I can try ? (besides reinstalling my whole computer with a non case sensitive filesystem which is not an option).

The amt3.log shows:

07/22/16 17:29:23:150 | [ERROR] |  |  |  | SLCoreService |  |  | 7048 | No value for key [Extended_License_Type] in user dictionary.

07/22/16 17:29:23:150 | [ERROR] |  |  |  | SLCoreService |  |  | 7048 | No value for key [EXCEPTION_TYPE] in user dictionary.

Thanks !