1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 7:37 PM by Steve Grisetti

encoder activation

lisam48503253

Hi, I am working on a project that I thought premire elements 7.0 would be able to handle. But, when I try to import a .mpg file or .wmv file, I get a message saying that I need to activate the component, and it directs me to a 404 error page, which is no help.  Any way around this?

• 1. Re: encoder activation
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We saw someone who had a similar issue with version 10 a few days ago.

The problem with using these very old versions of the program (and this one is from 7 years ago) is that some online features are no longer supported. The program used to need to activate its MPEG element and a few other components, which it did automatically the first time you used them. Apparently Main Concept, who provided this activation, no longer does so.

I'm not sure what to recommend except upgrading to version 11 or later.

Although it's possible that, if you download and install the free trial of version 14, the component may install and then you'll have it. No guarantees, but it won't cost you anything and it's worth a try.