2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 9:30 PM by didiahmed

Lightroom 6 - Sony ARW support

didiahmed

Hi,

I have Lightroom 6 running on my iMac OS X 10.11.5. I have been using Lightroom for the past month without any issues. However since I tried to import RAW picture files from my Sony A6000 camera, I have been having issues.

1. The first issue seems to be that Lightroom didn't support Sony RAW files and gave me this error when I tried to import, please see below screen capture:

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 2.39.15 AM.png

2. I tried to update my Lightroom by clicking on the "check for updates" button. It didn't work.

3. I went to Lightroom help > updates and it worked and I found an update, which I downloaded and applied.

4. Since the update was applied, Lightroom won't work at all, it keeps giving the following error message when ever I open it. I have to force close Lightroom as this message keeps repeating. Please see screen capture below:

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 1.25.46 AM.png

5. I have to force close or kill Lightroom as this message keeps repeating.

6. I uninstalled Lightroom, and installed it again and tried to use without that update. That didn't help too. I still keep getting the error message and it sill won't support  Sony raw ARW files.

Can you please help me?

Thank you.

Regards,

Didi