I have Lightroom 6 running on my iMac OS X 10.11.5. I have been using Lightroom for the past month without any issues. However since I tried to import RAW picture files from my Sony A6000 camera, I have been having issues.
1. The first issue seems to be that Lightroom didn't support Sony RAW files and gave me this error when I tried to import, please see below screen capture:
2. I tried to update my Lightroom by clicking on the "check for updates" button. It didn't work.
3. I went to Lightroom help > updates and it worked and I found an update, which I downloaded and applied.
4. Since the update was applied, Lightroom won't work at all, it keeps giving the following error message when ever I open it. I have to force close Lightroom as this message keeps repeating. Please see screen capture below:
5. I have to force close or kill Lightroom as this message keeps repeating.
6. I uninstalled Lightroom, and installed it again and tried to use without that update. That didn't help too. I still keep getting the error message and it sill won't support Sony raw ARW files.
Can you please help me?