6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 6:41 AM by Akash Sharma

Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck

LightNotions Level 1

Help Please:

Just got my fibre installed, 50Mbits up and down, got all exited about being able to start using Lightroom mobile properly, but the uploads get stuck after a while. Also, the upload vs download performance is much slower even if I have the same bandwidth up and down.

I have tried:

1.) first building smart previews and then syncing

2.) switching Graphics card support off and on.

3.) deleting the entire mobile catalogue and starting again

What does seem to help is rebooting the machine/Lightroom as it then begins again, but when you have a 20 thousand images you want to sync, having to continually do that becomes an issue.

I am not sure what is causing it and not not seem to find any real help online. Please help.

I am using:

Lightroom CC 2015.6

Windows 10 64Bit PC

Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad Core

16GB of RAM

Nvidia Quadro K620 Graphics Card (OpenGL 3.3)

Thanks

Frank

• 1. Re: Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Frank,

Could you please try deleting all sunced data from Lightroom on your Desktop/Laptop.

Select "Delete All data" from Lightroom Preferences >>Lightroom mobile.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck
            LightNotions Level 1

Hi Akash,

I had tried that already, cleared everything and started from scratch again, same problem persisted.

I have tried various volumes post my request to the forum. I did a couple of hundred and then worked my way up to 1500 rebooting between every collection and that seemed to go through no problem, just a bit slow. Then last night I tried 13000 across 4 collections and it hung after about 300 images or so. I rebooted and tried again and the same happened again etc etc. So this morning I tried 1 collection of 4000 and that went through after about 4-5 hours without having to reboot.

So it seems that this memory leak issue on 2015.6 may very-well play a role here too.

I also tried doing a cr2 to DNG conversion of about 1000 files and that took about 2 hours, much much slower than my previous experiences.

Thanks, any other thoughts?

Regards

Frank

• 3. Re: Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck

Thanks for the update.

Could you update to latest Lightroom version 2015.6.1 released yesterday and see if that helps.

~Akash

• 4. Re: Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck
                LightNotions Level 1

Thanks Akash,

This seems to have resolved the issue.

Regards

• 5. Re: Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck
                  nstancioff

Hi, I have a similar issue and perhaps you can help.

I'm uploading to the desktop. I have two iPhones, 1 iPad pro and CC 2015(6.1) on my mac.

Lightroom Mobile: downloads flawlessly photos but for videos nothing. However it doesn't block downloading all photos.

I tried just one video, after absorbing into LR Mobile on my iPhone, on the desktop it appears that it was syncing one photo then it disappeared. Pending Activity shows 0/0. However the other iPhone now shows the video.

Frustrating, especially since my workflow is stalled. I imported some of the videos via Mac photo but ...

regards,

N.

• 6. Re: Lightroom cc 2015.6 Mobile Sync gets Stuck

Hi Nstancioff,

Thanks for posting on Adobe Forums.

Could you please update to the latest version of Lightroom on your Desktop?(you mentioned that you have version 6.1)

Also do you face similar issue syncing images across all mobile and desktop devices?

Regards,

Akash