0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2016 8:53 AM by Matt-designer

After Effects CC - 'Scrambled' composition panel when rescaling

Matt-designer

Hi,

I'm running latest version of After Effects CC (2015.3 / Version 13.8.0.144) on a brand new "iMac 27" 5K - Late 2015" with 3.2 Ghz / 8 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048MB.  OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Everything running fine across Adobe CC and other apps - except the following... shown in the screen grabs below. 

When I resize the composition panel in After Effects the comp image - whatever it happens to be - 'scrambles' across the whole composition panel. 

Other random colours also appear and some times elements of the After Effects GUI  - but always restricted to the composition panel area.

If I resize the whole of the after effects panels as a whole the error doesn't occur.

I have 'Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels' switched to off in the preferences but have tried switching it on.  Makes no difference.

It looks like the kind of error that would occur from a failing GPU or graphics card - but does the latest version of After Effects use the GPU to display this window.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

RESIZING PANEL.jpg

STATIC.jpg