5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2006 3:23 PM by Esskie

Serial Number probz?

Esskie
      Hi There,
      Please excuse my ignorance as the answer is probably right before my eyes!?, but I just can't find where to enter my purchased serial number for Dreamweaver 8?.

I'm no longer seeing the 'continue trial or enter serial' dialogue when executing the application, my son also uses it for web design work & I've a feeling he has ticked a 'do not show this again' tickbox or similiar?.

Should I re-install maybe or perhaps theres a way to return to the default so to speak?.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
      Regards, Esskie.
        • 1. Re: Serial Number probz?
          Level 7
          If you are not being asked, it's probably because the software is satisfed
          you are a legitimate user. Did anyone enter the S/N at any time?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
          ==================

"Esskie" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e4cmca$mo4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi There,
          > Please excuse my ignorance as the answer is probably right before my
          > eyes!?,
          > but I just can't find where to enter my <u>purchased</u> serial number for
          > Dreamweaver 8?.
          >
          > I'm no longer seeing the 'continue trial or enter serial' dialogue when
          > executing the application, my son also uses it for web design work & I've
          > a
          > feeling he has ticked a 'do not show this again' tickbox or similiar?.
          >
          > Should I re-install maybe or perhaps theres a way to return to the
          > default so
          > to speak?.
          >
          > Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
          > Regards, Esskie.
          >

• 2. Re: Serial Number probz?
            Level 7
            Maybe your son entered in the serial number?
            Select Help menu, then About Dreamweaver, then click on the pop-up.
            If the serial number was entered it should appear there.

news:e4cmca$mo4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi There,
            > Please excuse my ignorance as the answer is probably right before my
            > eyes!?,
            > but I just can't find where to enter my <u>purchased</u> serial number for
            > Dreamweaver 8?.
            >
            > I'm no longer seeing the 'continue trial or enter serial' dialogue when
            > executing the application, my son also uses it for web design work & I've
            > a
            > feeling he has ticked a 'do not show this again' tickbox or similiar?.
            >
            > Should I re-install maybe or perhaps theres a way to return to the
            > default so
            > to speak?.
            >
            > Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
            > Regards, Esskie.
            >

• 3. Re: Serial Number probz?
              Esskie Level 1
              Hi there,
              Many thanks for the prompt replies, I've just checked the "Select Help menu, then About Dreamweaver, then click on the pop-up.
              " as mentioned & first I see the scrolling credits then, upon clicking the pop up I see the version (8.0.2) & 'click to continue' which takes me into the workspace.
              I see no s/n however?, I know for sure I haven't entered the s/n although & can't say if my son has or not until I speak with him later this evening.

In Program Files\Macromedia I also have Flash 8 Video Encoder which I entered the s/n for when I installed it.

All I can see in the Help Menu regarding registration/Serial Numbers is the 'Register Online & Print Registration underneath it.

Any help?

Regards, Esskie.
              • 4. Re: Serial Number probz?
                Level 7
                The only way that you are not seeing the popup message at the start of the
                program is if it is registered. If you have a trial that expires, then you
                would not be able to open the program at all

--
                Paul Whitham
                Certified Dreamweaver MX2004 Professional
                Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver

Valleybiz Internet Design
                www.valleybiz.net

news:e4d008$63v$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hi there,
                > Many thanks for the prompt replies, I've just checked the "Select Help
                > menu,
                > then About Dreamweaver, then click on the pop-up.
                > " as mentioned & first I see the scrolling credits then, upon clicking the
                > pop
                > up I see the version (8.0.2) & 'click to continue' which takes me into the
                > workspace.
                > I see no s/n however?, I know for sure I haven't entered the s/n although
                > &
                > can't say if my son has or not until I speak with him later this evening.
                >
                > In Program Files\Macromedia I also have Flash 8 Video Encoder which I
                > entered
                > the s/n for when I installed it.
                >
                > All I can see in the Help Menu regarding registration/Serial Numbers is
                > the
                > 'Register Online & Print Registration underneath it.
                >
                > Any help?
                >
                > Regards, Esskie.
                >

• 5. Re: Serial Number probz?
                  Esskie Level 1
                  Hi there, thanks for the assistance, it's very much appreciated!.

My situation is this, I downloaded & installed the trial version just last week so it's not been 30 days yet. This being the case the trial wouldn't have expired anyway.

Now I have spoken with my son who has just confused matters even more as he tells me he hasn't entered any serials . I am not being presented with any 'enter serial or continue trial' dialogues when I execute Dreamweaver so I just can't understand it?.

There isn't any 'report home' type of stuff going on that may have been triggered when I purchased the serial is there?.

quote:

The only way that you are not seeing the popup message at the start of the
                  program is if it is registered. If you have a trial that expires, then you
                  would not be able to open the program at all

This being the case Paul it certainly seems to be registered from what you say?.

I guess I'll know in approx 25 days or so for sure

One thing I am sure of though is that it's an absolutely cracking application!, I've read some posts about v8.0 being better without the 8.0.2 update, I only had been using it for a few days before updating so I can't say one way or the other.

Good-bye FrontPage!!

Many thanks for the help once again,
                  Best Regards, Andy.