2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 9:27 AM by mihaj73682042

Phonegap not opening links in system browser

mihaj73682042

I am new to PhoneGap and Cordova. I am trying to create an application for now just for personal purposes.

The problem:

When I run the app on the phonegap desktop I can easily open the links when I press the desired content (#first). But when I upload app on build.phonegap and then download the app on a phone it does not work anymore.

Also I'm getting the error: Error initializing Cordova: Class not found

Here is my content from github: https://github.com/unforgivenJ/Test

And app for download: https://build.phonegap.com/apps/2182437/share

Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Miha.

• 1. Re: Phonegap not opening links in system browser
          VectorP Level 4

Phonegap Build expects something different from what you are uploading:

a. never upload platforms, plugins and other Cordova related directories

b. only upload your assets and a config, where both index.html and config.xml must be in the root of your zip file. To get that done easily:

- move config.xml into /www

- adjust the paths in config (icons/splashes) accordingly

- zip up only the contents - not the directory itself - of /www, now.

BTW: this would be a perfect time to start reading the Phonegap Build documentation!

Your app won't build/work properly, even after uploading a correct zip file, for instance because:

- you have included references to both phonegap.js and cordova.js

- you are using a density attribute with compound qualifiers for splashes

- you are specifying older versions of most plugins

- you included an 'engine' element in your config

- you are making incorrect use of the inappbrowser plugin's interface functions.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Phonegap not opening links in system browser
            mihaj73682042 Level 1

Hi, thank you so much for your help, now it works everything, thank you for slapping me in the face