2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 9:24 AM by Mylenium

Export from AE to Animate CC, keeping vector format

stevenmGBL

Hi everyone,

As a motion designer, I'm working or a mobile app, so my animations should be in Flash format. Is there a way to convert some simple shape layers animated in AE into Animate frame-by-frame format? It's important that I could keep vectors.

Or should I have to learn Animate CC and make it frame by frame?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Export from AE to Animate CC, keeping vector format
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

I am not familiar of the workflow or exported format - what kind of vector format does animate accept? just today on another forum someone needed to export animated vectors from After effects and the advice he got was to use Plexus 3 to export SVG sequence from after effects.  here is a quote from that thread - maybe this can help you.

Plexus 3 can export an SVG sequence (Plexus 2 can only do single frames, which isn’t an option when you have 12,000 of them).  So we upgraded to Plexus 3 and tested it and everything worked great.  Then it was simple to set up a batch action in Illustrator to convert the SVG sequence to an Illustrator 8 sequence.  So everything is working and everyone is happy!

• 2. Re: Export from AE to Animate CC, keeping vector format
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Is there a way to convert some simple shape layers animated in AE into Animate frame-by-frame format? It's important that I could keep vectors.

Long and short: No.

Mylenium