15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 10:28 AM by whsprague

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

weinbergd999

Hi...I am using adobe premiere elements 13!  I have created a highlight video of still pictures & videos.  I have viewed the entire video and everything while viewing works fine.  When I go to the publish as I have done for many videos it renders and comes back with "error compiling movie unknown error".  I went through each clip and and individually rendered and some are coming back with errors.  I have 2 questions?  1. can anyone help & 2.  I spent a huge amount of time on this project is there anyway to copy the video and transfer it to another editing program?  I pulled up the basic window movie maker and it let me transfer all the pictures but will not because it doesn't recognize the video (prel). 

Thanks!!!

Dave

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
          whsprague Level 4

1.  Maybe

2.  No

Describe the details of how you put the project together.  Include the sources of the material.  Then describe your output choices in detail.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
            weinbergd999 Level 1

I used all the video that I have been taking all year using the Cannon Vixia HF G20.  So from there I went into my video file on my external drive and opened on premiere, did my editing and saved it all.

The output for sharing the project I am sending you the pictures so that you can see?1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
              whsprague Level 4

Why are you publishing to mobile phones?

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                weinbergd999 Level 1

A friend of mine that has his own videography studio and does the same type of videos did the settings he set and said it was best for quality for putting in YouTube?

Sent from my iPhone

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                  whsprague Level 4

There are lots of opinions on YouTube quality.   YouTube is constantly changing, so any old opinions stop being valid.  Your gear may be different than used in a videography studio.  And, likely a true professional studio uses tools other than Premier Elements.

Try Publish+Share > Computer > AVCHD > Presets:  YouTube Widescreen HD

If that does not work, try  Publish+Share > Computer > AVCHD > Presets:  MP4 - H.264  1920x1080p 30 > Advanced button > Match Source button.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                    weinbergd999 Level 1

Ok I will try these tonight and let you know...thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                      weinbergd999 Level 1

received this with both settings?

error message.jpg

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                        whsprague Level 4

I googled "Error compiling movie" and got plenty to read.  Basically, the suggestions are that some element of your project has a flaw.  It may be a picture, a clip or a transition.  Suggestions generally say to remove one piece at a time until you find the bad one. 

Easier might be to output "test" sections.  Use the WorkArea Bars to mark in and out points.  Then check box in the Publish&Share dialog that says "Share WorkArea Bar Only". 

It might be interesting to start a new "test" project using only a few of your clips and photos.  Test the output. 

Good luck!  You must be frustrated. 

Bill

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                          weinbergd999 Level 1

Lol...that was why I went on the Adobe forum. All the pictures are good!  When I went through the video it would show most good so I deleted all the bad.  Then I rendered the video that was all good the first time and then started saying it was bad.

That was why I reached out because too much time spent.

Sent from my iPhone

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                            whsprague Level 4

I get your pain.   I don't intend to suggest that I know what I'm doing with error troubleshooting.   I have used Premier Elements through four versions and made plenty of videos without errors like this. 

My reading of the google search results suggests a technical fault in a file...like a disk error.  There is no suggestion that it is caused by you. 

Another suggestion I found was to turn off graphics acceleration in the preferences menu.   I'm reaching here, but there has been a couple topics about a movie effect that caused weird behaviour on some computers.  The solution was to delete that effect through the operating system. 

Question:  How far does the output proceed before you get the error?  Is it consistent?  Maybe there is a clue there.

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                              weinbergd999 Level 1

I will check what percentage it reaches and get back to you on that!

Sent from my iPhone

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                                weinbergd999 Level 1

Went to preferences menu to turn off graphics acceleration but nothing there in the choices to do so.  My friend came up with an idea and that was to download the 30 day trial of Premiere Pro CC and see if that program picks it up being an adobe form to see if it corrects it...your thoughts?

84% than shoots straight to 100% with the error reading.

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                                  whsprague Level 4

Premier Elements and Premier Pro are not related.  They are coded differently by different teams and aimed at different users.  Projects from one will not load in the other. 

Edit > Preferences > General and find the "Use Hardware Acceleration" check box.

Since it seems to be working to 80%, could you try to Publish&Share with the limits set for about the first 25%?  Do this by setting the area with the work area markers and checking the box for "Share WorkArea Bar Only".

If you don't know where the work area markers or the check box is, I can post screen shots.

Bill

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                                    weinbergd999 Level 1

Hi Bill,

Yes I originally did that which would be the picture section.  If I remember correctly the 1st 50% of it was fine and save like normal.  It was the second half that became the problem.  I believe even when I save up to 75% was good.

It was the last 25% was were the issue was so I did the rendering in the area markings and only 4 were bad. I just deleted them to be done with it and then what was left should have saved with no problem but then I got another error so I did what you just asked with each movie from there and all of them came back with that issue.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13
                                      whsprague Level 4

weinbergd999 wrote:

...... I just deleted them to be done with it and then what was left should have saved with no problem but then I got another error so I did what you just asked with each movie from there and all of them came back with that issue.

So, some how and some way, there are some source files that got corrupted.  Does that make sense?

Bill