10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 7:51 AM by Sue Garibaldi

iPhone backup isn't working

joannathekid

I got the app on the iPad awhile ago and have multiple projects on it (around 12). And so earlier this year I got it on my iPhone so that I could draw when I don't have the iPad. But here's my problem, it says the backup is complete on my iPhone but only 5 of my projects have showed up. I have restarted my phone, logged out on the app, deleted the app and then redownloaded it and I'm not sure what else to do. Please help.

• 1. Re: iPhone backup isn't working
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Joanna,

Can you first log-in to http://assets.adobe.com (My Assets - Mobile Creations - Sketch) with your Adobe ID to make sure your work is synced there>

After you've done that, try force-quitting the app  (double-press the home button; a list off apps shows up; scroll over to the app and swipe up on it; that should force-quit it), restarting your device, then relaunching the app.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Sheena

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: iPhone backup isn't working
            joannathekid Level 1

Hi Sheena,

After I logged in and checked to make sure it was all synced up (it was), I opened up the app on my phone and suddenly all my other projects appeared. Though I noticed on the app and creative cloud website that not all the drawings were up to date and were missing some edits I did on my iPad. Do you know a way to fix that?

Thank you so much,

Joanna

• 3. Re: iPhone backup isn't working

On the cloud page were those drawings appearing? When you logged into the website on your browser.

• 4. Re: iPhone backup isn't working
                joannathekid Level 1

Yes, I logged into the cloud page and all my drawings were there but they were missing some edits I had made on my iPad. My iPad still has the most up to date version of the drawings but my phone and the cloud website do not.

• 5. Re: iPhone backup isn't working

Syncing will, for the most part, occur naturally if you're working over a wifi connection. I like people to know about assets.adobe.com so they can check, with more complicated drawings, that their work is backed-up.

Don't uninstall and reinstall the app until the project you're working on is synced to Creative Cloud.

• 6. Re: iPhone backup isn't working
                    Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Joanna,

I find that sometimes the app(s) and device(s) aren't being left open long enough for the work to fully sync (if there is a lot of work or the work is complex or the wireless connection isn't great, it can take what feels like a "bit too long").

Try leaving both devices/apps open (without letting them sleep, which stops and restarts the process) for a few minutes over a good wifi connection. See if that syncs the work completely.

Let me know.

Sue.

• 7. Re: iPhone backup isn't working
                      joannathekid Level 1

Hi Sue,

I left the apps open on both devices for ten minutes while making sure they didn't fall asleep. Nothing changed. My phone is still missing large amounts of work that I've done on some drawings.

This shouldn't make a difference but I'm not using wifi since I'm on vacation. I'm using data but I have several bars and the signal is very good. I've also turned off the "backup only on wifi" so that it was able to complete the backup cause I'm not on wifi.

Thanks,

Joanna

• 8. Re: iPhone backup isn't working

Joanna,

Hmmm, that should have been long enough especially since it's only parts of drawings. A couple more questions:

After leaving everything open, are you seeing your work in its entirety on assets.adobe.com?

How's the storage on your phone; do you have enough?

Sue.

• 9. Re: iPhone backup isn't working
                          joannathekid Level 1

My work is still missing parts on assets.adobe.com and yes, my phone has enough storage.

• 10. Re: iPhone backup isn't working

Joanna,

Can you share your project(s) with me so I can see if they'll sync for me? If you're up for it, here's how to do that:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your Adobe ID

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Sketch and select the project(s) to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

At this point, you can choose to send the link to an email address. Instead of posting it here, email it through the in-app feedback (tap the Sketch icon, then Give Us Feedback) and I can get it there.

Sue.