5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 4:26 AM by Sheena Kaul

Is my image too detailed?

stephc37609666

I love this app and have used it many times in the past however tonight when I tried to capture a drawing it failed to portray it accurately. I have captured images that I thought had the same amount if not more detail so I'm a little confused as to what is going on I have tried restarting my phone, updating it, deleting photos and messages on my phone (in case it was a memory issue), deleting photos within the cloud, closing all other apps while using Adobe capture. The app shows the preview accurately and starts to draw it correctly but then either crashes spontaneously or does a weird part in white on black (when I am in black on white mode). I have also tried to use the app on my iPad and have had no luck. Is It just not possible? Any help would be awesome! Thank you in advance.

-Steph

image.pngimage.pngimage.jpgimage.png

• 1. Re: Is my image too detailed?
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Steph,

I tried to repeat the steps for this same design on my end and the design came perfect for me. (I took a picture of this design on my machine only!)

Seems it is giving issue on the app particularly on your device,

Can you try to uninstall and then resinstall the app on this device and then try?

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Is my image too detailed?
            stephc37609666 Level 1

Hi sheena, thank you for responding so quickly! Unfortunately, it's still crashing I have a iPhone 5S.. Is there anything else I can try?

Steph

• 3. Re: Is my image too detailed?
              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Steph,

The thing that comes to mind with the crashing is low storage; even though it sounds like you've checked the free storage on your phone, can you check again (Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage)?

Also, I'd like you to try a hard restart of your phone (hold down the power and home keys and release as soon as the Apple logo appears); it offers a bit more of a refresh than just a regular restart. Before you do that, though, please make sure all of your assets are synced by logging in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud

Let me know how things go. In the meantime, I'm going to check in with one of our engineers about this to see if he has any ideas about what could all of a sudden be causing the crashing/not capturing.

Sue. 

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Is my image too detailed?
                Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Steph,

A couple more things:

* Can you send me the image you're using? (You can email it to me through the in-app feedback. Tap the Capture icon, then Give Us Feedback).

* Are you trying to capture this artwork from your camera roll? Or from the app's camera?

* If the app crashes again can you note the day and time and your location (you can send this to me through the in-app feedback as well) and we can check our crash logs for additional information.

You can respond here or through the app. Whatever is easiest for you.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Is my image too detailed?
                  Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Steph,

Let us know if the steps given by Sue helped you.

Regards,

Sheena