5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 4:17 PM by Captiv8r

How do I make context-sensitive help work?

keithhtsdotcom

I am using RoboHelp 2015. This is the first time in more than 10 years that I have used any version of Robohelp, so I need short, simple answers.

I'm trying to create Webhelp. Each HTML file in the project is specific to a particular module in the software. When you click the help button while module X is on screen, the help should open at the start of the file specific to that module.

I'm trying to use map IDs. I have gone through the RoboHelp online help about doing so. I have created map ID and assigned them to the files. I have a .H file with all the IDS in it. I've given the map IDs to the developers and they have done I'm not sure what with them. I've repeatedly regenerated the Webhelp. It has been installed on the server. Any time a user clicks a help button anywhere on the product GUI, the help opens at the default title page of the Webhelp.

The previous version of the help, which was created by a tech writer who has been gone for years, worked properly. I can't figure out how. It included a CSH.JS file. Do I need to create such a file? If so, how do I use it?

I have spent days searching the posts in the RoboHelp forum for information about using map IDs and none of them address my problem. I just can't get context sensitivity to work at all. I need someone to point me at a video, an article, something that provides detailed do-this-do-that baby-step instructions. When it comes to making context sensitive help I literally don't have a clue what I'm doing, and I need to get this project done quickly.

Is there any such material available anywhere?