2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2006 8:27 AM by ogousa-swS9lV

browser size - actual pixels

whatthecrap
      hey there,

i want to create a flash site that fits completely into the browser window (1024x768) witout having to scroll down. how big can i make the flash document (vertically) and still fit safely on screen?

thanks
      kurt
        • 1. Re: browser size - actual pixels
          Vorsch
          Sense different users have different browsers with untold numbers of add on tool bars there is no set number of pixels that would be considered safe to display with no vertical scroll bar. If you realy had to find out I would make a graph image where each line in the graph was 10 px or so and then load up a browser with every tool bar you can find and display the graph image and count the lines.
          • 2. Re: browser size - actual pixels
            ogousa-swS9lV
            You can create any size movie, but to fit browser window and in the same time keep original size of elements, you have to manually scale background movie.
            This is an example from my site Matter of Time, just try to resize the browser window:
            Stage.align = "LT";
            Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";
            stageListener = new Object();
            stageListener.onResize = onResize;
            Stage.addListener(stageListener);

function onResize()
            {
            }

In the browser you can set following settings to avoid scroll bars and margins:
            <body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scroll="no">
            Also you have to set 100% for width and height for Flash object.

ogousa
            Matter of Time