Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALERT! Phishing scam

LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I just wanted to let everyone know about something that recently happened to me.  I have a side-project that is nearing completion, and I started up a hosted account for it, which currently just displays one page with a link to the org FB page, and a notice that the site will be going live, soon.

Someone guessed my password for my Network Solutions account page, and on 06 JULY 2016 submitted a DNS Change Request, pointing the DNS from the Hostek DNS to something at ZTOMY.COM.  As soon as I discovered it, I changed it back to what it should be; foolishly, I didn't change my password, so about an hour later, the hacker logged back on and switched it back to the ZTOMY.COM address.

I have changed my password, and re-changed the DNS back to what it should be.

THE IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW:  The ZTOMY.COM address was re-directing from my website to a page that looked authentically like a Network Solutions page, asking me to enter a CAPTCHA and log on to confirm my email address.  This is a PHISHING SCAM!  If something like this happens to you, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.  I did, and now I'm paying for it.  Scrambling to stay one step ahead of these @55holes.

Just letting you know.

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?